Sunday, January 3, 2010

32 weeks

Here we are...32 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Wow. We have showers coming up, gifts are already arriving at our doorstep, and in just 8 weeks or so we will have our little Reese. Adam spent time yesterday putting together our adorable "little lamb" baby swing and our stroller. Just having those things in our house, assembled, and ready to go made things SO much more real. Not to mention the heavier, more fun contractions that I experienced all day yesterday! Nothing too crazy, but definitely a little more intense than the contractions I have had for the past 6 or so weeks.
Adam has become quite the assembly pro.

This New Year's Eve we actually celebrated Christmas with my parents. We weren't able to celebrate with them yet so we headed on over to there house, had turkey and dressing, and opened gifts. We also played several rounds of Scattergories (thanks Sandy!) which was fun. Friday Adam and I went to Lowe's and then to TGI Friday's for a late lunch. We found a coupon! We are trying to get back into the whole coupon and tight budgeting thing :) Afterward, we crashed at home. Adam has had a little cold so he just relaxed on the couch. My parents came by to see Reese's room. It is now pretty ready minus a few little extras. We watched State of Play with Russell Crowe, Ben Afleck, and Rachel McAdams. It was a really good movie. Saturday was super relaxing. It was the first time in a LONG time that I just sat and relaxed. We made belgian waffles and bacon that morning. Adam assembled some of our gifts and then Steven came by. While they threw the football I decided to attack my bathroom cabinets. I have been slowly cleaning out and organizing every area of our house. So far I have finished both pantries, my bathroom, Adam's closet, my closet, Reese's closet (it was piled high with our junk), our dresser, our laundry area, and some of our kitchen cabinets. Next up is our guest bedroom closet and room. I need to make areas to keep Reese's things we get in the showers and the guest closet is a perfect place. After finishing my cabinets I made dinner for Steven and Adam. We watched a little football and then Steven left later last night. We had a good time. Oh, and they put together the firepit that Sandy got us for Christmas. Looking forward to using that in the near future! Today we will go to church, watch football, and spend some time with friends. It should be another nice and relaxing day :)

Each year, especially these last few years, has brought us so many changes. In a short time period we got married, I graduated, I was hired for my current job, we moved into an apartment and shortly after bought a house, purchased two vehicles, got a new crazy dog that we now love, renovated areas in our home, and now I'm pregnant! These are just a few things. However, I have a feeling that 2010 will bring MANY new blessings to our life that we can't even imagine. I look forward to having the opportunity to trust solely in God as different blessings and obstacles come our way. I look forward to seeing all of the life changes God has in store for the Groshans Trio in 2010. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment