Monday, December 28, 2009

It's the holidays!

My first week off flew by! On our first weekend off we had Christmas with the Martins. It was so nice to spend the day with everyone. We got there about 1:00 and stayed until 11:00 that night. We usually go to the ranch for Christmas, but this year (with me being pregnant) it was different. We decided to stay here. My parents planned on being here too, but plans changed so they headed on down to the ranch. We will celebrate Christmas with them on New Years.

On the 23rd Adam and I made a trip to the Apple store where I purchased my new MacBook! Yeah! After a combination of my frames and crosses being sold, along with birthday and Christmas money saved, I was able to pay for it mostly in cash which was nice! That night we went to the Christmas candlelight service, which was really neat to attend. I have never been to a Christmas Eve service before. Afterward we met the girl that made Reese's bedding so that we could pick up the bedding and pay her. She did an AMAZING job. Pictures to come! That night Adam and I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. playing poker.

On the 24th we celebrated with Adam's family and did the traditional Ukranian Christmas. It was such a nice, relaxing time! It was great to just hang out, eat wonderful food, and celebrate together. It snowed a lot on the 24th which was great! It made everything beautiful. When we got home that night, around 12:30, Adam took pictures of the snow and then ran in to tell me that we had gifts on the porch. I thought he was kidding, but we really had two large boxes on the porch. It was two gifts off our registry from my Aunt and Uncle! We got our car seat, stroller, and our "little lamb" swing for Reese. We were soooo excited! What a great surprise!

We celebrated in our Christmas sweaters...ha!

On the 25th, Don, Brad, Melissa, and the girls came over to celebrate Christmas with us. We had snacks and just hung out before and after opening gifts. After we celebrated here we went to Gary and Anita's and had Christmas with them. We had snacks, opened gifts, and I watched the guys play pool. I sat on the couch and watched...I was tired! It was so nice to spend time with all of them!

On Saturday we bummed around and then ran to Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We were hoping to find curtains, but no luck! After talking to Anita she said that she could help make them. Yeah! Adam and I ate at Johnny Carino's and then met Brad and Melissa to see Avatar in 3D. Sandy and Carly took the girls to see the Chipmunks movie. We had already seen Avatar once, but it was really great in 3D. Sunday we went to church, picked up the fabric for the curtains, and then ran them out to Gary and Anita's. We came home and crashed while watching the Cowboys.

Today I got a lot done. I am working on things around here little by little. We have so much clutter! I also worked in Reese's room today and it's really coming along! Don came over and helped hang a shelf we bought a while back at IKEA too. I plan on continuing to work on things all throughout this week.

Pregnancy has been going good still. I have some serious ups and downs, but overall I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm just a lot less comfortable and I feel little pains pretty much all day, but I think all of that is to be expected! I also get tired so much easier, but once again I know this is normal too! :) Adam took a few maternity pics of me last week and Ryan is coming this week to take pics of both of us which I'm excited about. I will post a few of the pics we took last week. I am super sleepy so I'm off to bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment