As I sit here, listening to a little Keith Urban, looking out of our dining room window, I'm thinking about how different life may be after this week. After finding out Tuesday that we could be meeting little Reese this week I had a little breakdown. I was being grumpy with Adam and then just started crying. Normally, this could be attributed to hormones, but not this time. I felt overwhelmed. I said, "Adam, I'm scared." I started listing all of the reasons why. I talked to him about how I don't feel like I know what I'm doing right now, how our time together will be so different, and how I've been pregnant and feeling her for so long. All of a sudden, in a moment, I won't feel her inside of me anymore. It won't just be me and her and our uncomfortable kicking moments together, but I will now be sharing her with everyone on the "outside". I never thought that would be a concern of mine. After talking about things and Adam listening to my craziness I was much better though.
Friday night we stayed here and watched Casino Royale. Adam came in the bedroom, around midnight, and rubbed my legs (our nightly routine). It REALLY helps me to sleep through the night and not have leg cramps. Adam slept out on the couch that night. I found out later that he did this so he could wake up easier in the morning, versus staying passed out in our bed until late the next morning. He made us breakfast and cleaned up things. He knows that I have been stressed about getting things finished around here so he talked to me about how he was going to Lowe's to get supplies to make a gate in the backyard for the dogs. This would give us the option of putting them out there more often when Reese is here. Around Christmas we discussed going to get pedicures for our Christmas gift to each other, but never got around to it. So, after breakfast I got a manicure and a leg rub while Adam got a pedicure. Afterward, we went to Lowe's where we got supplies for the gate and shades for the windows. It was my first time out of the house since Tuesday! Crazy!
Saturday evening Brad, Melissa, and the girls came over. Melissa had told me earlier in the week that she wanted to make us dinner so we could just relax. She made an awesome chicken dish, green bean casserole, and apple crisp dessert. We ate, hung out, and just relaxed. We had a great time. That was so incredibly thoughtful and we both deeply appreciated it.



After they left Adam and I started watching "Gangs of New York". Adam had seen it a while back and told me that he remembered it being "pretty violent". In my mind, I equated it to a Braveheart, Gladiator, or The Patriot. I was definitely wrong. Needless to say I did not enjoy that movie. Yes, it was interesting, but SO dark and depressing. It was the last 30 minutes and I was like, "Adam, I can't take much more. I feel like I can't breathe." It was so much violence, disregard for human life, and just pure sadness (even in the end). No upside. Blah. Everytime I woke up last night all I could see was Daniel Day Lewis and his craziness. Too much for me! We tried to lighten it up with some Saturday Night Live, but it didn't shake it. I went to bed and turned on the Golf Channel...lol. I've found that it is relaxing and puts me to sleep in no time.
This morning we had planned to go to church, but since I spent all night up with a combination of Reese hammering away at my right rib and Daniel Day-Lewis popping up in our bedroom I wasn't feeling too up for it. Adam got up early again and made us breakfast. Sweet guy. He wanted us to have the option of going to church if I felt up to it. We ended up watching the Lakepointe service from last week online instead. We went to the Village last week so we didn't hear the Lakepointe service. Today, we will probably run to Target to pick up a few things and then come back to the house. Yesterday took a lot out of me :) I was exhausted after Lowe's!
This week I have another sonogram on Tuesday which will be followed by another fun appointment. Adam is coming with me this time. We should know more by then so we'll see :) I'll keep you posted! Have a great Sunday. It's a beautiful day!





No comments:
Post a Comment