This may be the last time I write before we have our little Reese here. I went to my appointment yesterday to find out that my blood pressure has gone up. Nothing too crazy, but up. I have also been having headaches. I am also dilated to a complete 3 (I was a 2 or a 3 last time) and effaced more. She gave me two options. One would be to induce tomorrow (Thursday) morning. The other would be to come in Thursday, have my blood pressure taken again, and to do an ultrasound to check Reese’s movements. If my blood pressure is still high we would induce on Friday. If it isn’t high then I would go ahead and make my regular appointment for next week and we would keep going like we are doing. I chose to go in Thursday and have my blood pressure taken and ultrasound done. I hope for things to happen as naturally as possible, but if it’s best to induce then we will have to do that too. We will see how things look tomorrow. Also, if it’s very high tomorrow there is a chance that they may induce tomorrow too. It’s a little up in the air right now, but we are definitely closing in on the time when we will finally meet Reese.
I really cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by. Potentially, we will have our new little addition to our family in our house, laying in her bassinet, by this weekend. I remember being panic stricken finding out that I was pregnant and now here we are...possibly days away from having her here. Every step of this pregnancy has been such a blessing and the Lord has shown me time and time again how He is always with me. I won’t lie...I was (and still am) a “little” nervous about delivery and talking about it to the doctor yesterday was a lot for me to take in. However, somewhere in between the obsessive crocheting I was doing last night, God gave me an amazing peace. I was already having a peace after praying with my Mom over the phone and then Adam grabbed my hand and said, “Let’s pray together.” One of the things he said during the prayer was something to the effect of, “Lord, there are so many things that happen in our lives and we may not see it all coming together at the time, or how it will work out, and then it all comes together in your perfect plan and in your perfect timing.”
Lately, I have started crocheting, like I mentioned earlier, and it finally clicked with me how to do it. It has been the biggest stress reliever and I have really enjoyed doing it. I have been able to sleep deeply the last two nights.
Anyway, when Adam said that it made me think about crocheting in relation to God. Each chain is just a chain by itself and I can’t see what it will make, but with every row I make I can see a little more. When Adam said what he did I thought, “With God, each chain is like an event. We can’t see the finished product as the events occur in our lives, but as we trust and keep moving through God creates a beautiful masterpiece that we could never create by ourselves.” That’s how I feel about this pregnancy. I remember all of my fights with the fears in my mind, taking steps of faith, letting questions consume me, and all of the doctor appointments along the way. Each small event, or chain, has now led up to delivery and the perfect heavenly creation of our baby.
Hopefully, I will be posting soon with a delivery update and pictures of Reese. I will keep you updated in the days to come! Say a prayer for us as we enter a new stage in our journey as a growing family. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment