I meant to update sooner, but time has been running away from me! A few things have happened since the last time I posted. Two Friday nights ago we went to my parent’s house where we celebrated both mine and my Dad’s birthdays. As the night progressed I started feeling sharp pains in my stomach. By early the next morning it went away, but out of nowhere came back after I ate breakfast. It was much more intense this time to where I had problems walking to my bed. The pains were more on my lower right side. Adam was at his football games so I just hung out in bed until he got home. I started feeling much better after a few hours to where most of the pain was completely gone. We had planned to go see New Moon so we left to go. We ran a few errands afterward and as I got out of the car to get something to eat with Adam the pain returned. I sat right back down in the car and told Adam we needed to go home. The pain really made it difficult to walk or move my right leg at all. I know I must have looked like the biggest faker as I hobbled into our house when we got home! The pain increased and I ended up calling the doctor on call. She said that it could be round ligament pain, but if it continued that I may want to go to the hospital to make sure that I wasn’t having contractions. I honestly felt like my symptoms sounded like what she described as the round ligament pain so I decided to wait it out. Sunday morning, determined to feel better, I got up to get ready for church. After 5 minutes of trying I realized that it wasn’t going to work. I got back in bed and we did very little that whole day. I would feel SOOO much better when I laid down, but the moment I sat up or got up the pain would return. I was so frustrated because I had so much I wanted to do and nothing was getting done! I think it was God’s way of saying “slow down!”
I had to take off on Monday and I went to the doctor. After doing a few not so fun tests we found out that I had a few infections and she also wanted to do the test to make sure that I wasn’t going into preterm labor. I asked her about working on Tuesday and she didn’t want me to. When I asked about travelling she asked me to stay here and not go to the ranch. I was bummed to not go to the ranch. It was my first time to not be with my grandparents/parents on Thanksgiving, but we had a wonderful time here with Adam’s family. We ate at Gary and Anita’s and the next night we started making perogies at Brad and Melissa's house for our Ukranian Christmas. That was so much fun too! I rested a lot, but it was so hard! I admit that I did push it too much a few different days and regretted it later though. After taking my medications I have been feeling much better. I am showing no signs of preterm labor either which is good! The pain in my side is still there on and off, but is SO much better.
This weekend we will be going to our friend’s rehearsal dinner Friday night and then their wedding on Saturday. After their reception we will be going to Adam’s Christmas party. We will be a little late, but at least the two locations are very close together!
Adam and Gary worked on the room some this week. They put up the ceiling fan we picked out and some white faux wood blinds. Adam also put together the furniture that we purchased and placed it in the room. It’s all coming together!
Next week we have our 4D sonogram so I will post pictures! We’re excited! I think it will be a neat and interesting experience to take part in :) I can’t wait to see her!
No comments:
Post a Comment