Thursday, November 19, 2009

thoughts from Adam...

Things have been crazy so I apologize for not writing sooner. Well the morning sickness and nausea are long gone, but I am noticing daily that my clothes are fitting tighter. Enough about me though, let’s talk about the fam. We have stayed busy these past few weeks with doctors visits, gestational diabetes tests, and blood work. Amber continues to make this pregnancy thing like routine and I am proud to see how much strength Amber has gained through her faith in Christ throughout the last 26 weeks.

We celebrated Amber’s 26th birthday last week with a French toast breakfast and lunch from Chili’s. I also got her some “snug-life” gear consisting of some soft pajama pants, cushy socks, and a plush pull-over from Old Navy. We kept it pretty low key on her actual birthday because it was a weekday, but come Saturday – we got crunk!. Had dinner that night at Primos with Lynne and Mike, Cam and Jill, John and Sahvanna, Steven and Abby, Hannah, and my dad. It was a great time and we decided to eat fairly early to beat the crowds and also get back in time to play games and have Brad, Melissa, and the girls come over before it got too late. It worked out perfect and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. My mom was able to make it over too. Although my mom’s presence looked like it might break the curse of Catch Phrase among the girl’s team, that glimmer of hope proved to be futile as the night went on and the ladies didn’t win a single game. A blast none-the-less.

Amber has already started decorating the house for Christmas which I first thought was crazy. Then I realized the genius strategy to her moves and quickly understood that by decorating now, she wont have to rely on me to decorate when she is physically unable to decorate a month from now. Smart move Amber. At least I have the exterior Christmas lights already up – genius move made back in 08’.

It has been fun watching Amber grow daily. It is weird at times because she looks exactly the same, until she turns and reveals what she has been cooking up these past 26 weeks. Last night as she was sleeping, I laid beside Amber with my hand on her stomach. As I started falling asleep, I felt a sudden thump. I woke up, and then it happened it again. I felt little Reese kick a million times already but normally it is with Amber’s complete awareness. This time was different. There were little flutters, then deep thumps. Amber was sleeping deeply and for the first time, I felt like I had one-on-one time with Reese. It was amazing because I have been a little jealous of Amber all this time. Last night was the first night that I had my time.

That’s all I have to cover for now, but this weekend is shaping up to be another action packed weekend. We have football games, baby registry, Reese’s room to complete, in addition to getting our house ready for company this next week. Lots of fun chaos ahead. Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment