Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Class and Appointment!

This last weekend was very busy for us. Friday night we went to my Dad’s game (they won…yeah!) Now we will be going to the playoffs! Saturday morning we arrived at our school fundraising run a little before 7:00, left from there to go our pregnancy class at the hospital which lasted from 10:00-5:00, and then we went to Ozona’s for our friend’s birthday. Sunday we got everything prepared for our friend’s bridal shower that we hosted at our house. Afterward, we just crashed! We had a great weekend.


I felt so much better after going to the pregnancy class. An RN from the hospital hosted it and she was very informative. We discussed the different stages of labor, what to expect, what to bring, different massage and relaxation techniques, how to put on a diaper, and information in regard to breastfeeding. We also got to see an epidural being given along with being able to look through the epidural kit. I really thought I wouldn’t want to see it, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be at all. I found the class very comforting which is what I had prayed for! We also took a tour of the labor and delivery area. Their labor rooms are really nice along with their postpartum area. The RN that did our class let us know that we can request her to be our nurse.


Monday I had my glucose screening. I wasn’t looking forward to it, but it wasn’t bad at all. When we got there they gave me the sugary orange drink which I needed to finish within 5 minutes. Afterward, they called me back so I could get my stomach measured. At first she made the comment that I didn’t look that big and then she measured and said that I was actually larger than expected to date. Since I have been feeling increased pressure she went ahead and did another test to make sure that nothing is occurring preterm. We should get those results back soon, along with the glucose screening. We also listened to her heartbeat which sounded great. After my exam they drew blood (an hour from the time I finished the drink). I can eat three cookies and feel jittery so this drink really made me jumpy. She said that everything is looking great and I am still having perfect weight gain. She said that the pressure I am feeling are more than likely beginning contractions. We also discussed the heartburn and back pains. I made my next appointment for December and couldn’t believe that we are already that far into it! I am starting my third trimester! Crazy! I look forward more and more each day to becoming a Mom and to the time we finally get to meet Reese!


Afterward, we met Melissa and Gianna at El Chico and had some much needed food! I still felt a little shaky after that sugar drink. Melissa and Gianna came over to our house and visited too. We had a really nice, relaxing time. Afterward, I ran to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few frames for orders and went to Babies-R-Us, Rooms to Go for Kids, and Rooms to Go to look at furniture. I found a few pieces I liked at Babies-R-Us so we’ll see! When I got home I got a phone call from Adam saying he ran out of gas and was on the highway! I grabbed a gas can and went to fill it up. Then, I went to where he was, which was not a good place to be, and gave him the gas can. He told me to drive off when I saw a break in traffic, which I did. He was stopped on the bridge. I stopped at the gas station on the next exit and waited, but he never showed up. So I called and he said that he couldn’t get the nozzle from the gas can into my tank. My Dad was calling in the meantime and went by my Uncle’s to get a funnel. I waited at the gas station and ended up calling the police to see if they could at least stand by since it was so dark in that area and it had so much traffic. After a while my Dad arrived to help along with a police officer. Since my car had been there for so long the battery ended up dying and the police officer called a tow truck. During all of this Little Caesar’s kept calling to tell me our pizza was ready. I had ordered it an hour before! :) Once they were on the way to our house I stopped at Pep Boys and got jumper cables. Adam took care of everything else when we got home. What a mess, but I was so thankful that everyone was okay. Not that running out of gas is the end of the world, but it was just where he ran out of gas that was the problem!


This week we don’t have a ton going on which will be nice. I have bible study Thursday and we will do something this weekend for my birthday. Not quite sure what yet, but something :)


Oh I forgot to post this picture of Adam at Halloween. Adam loves Halloween...obviously...

No comments:

Post a Comment