The other night I was talking to my friend Hannah and I started realizing different things I needed to write down before I forgot. I found out right before a swim party we were having and I only had about 30 minutes to tell my Dad before company arrived. He was hot and tired from all the preparations. I went to my parent's room, with my Mom, and said "Dad, well you know that we've been trying...I found out I'm pregnant!" and you could tell he was taken back, but excited. Not knowing what to say he says, "Well, Amber...that's what you get when you try hard!" We laughed and the more time that went by he talked more about it and kept giving me hugs. My Papa had a similar funny comment when I called to tell them. He said, "Well, Amber, if that's what you want to do!" Haha. He was of course excited for us, but once again...what do you say? I was nervous telling my Dad in the first place anyway. It's just complete confirmation now that we do stuff! lol
Probably the second week in June we went out on the boat and my friend Hannah, Hambone's fiance, went with us. We talked about being pregnant and how crazy that will be. Then, as we rode in the backseat of the truck, she said, "You're pregnant". I said, "What?" and she said, "I just know. I really think you are pregnant right now." Adam said, "What are y'all talking about?" and Hannah said, "Nothing, just girl talk." Crazy thing, didn't know it at the time, but she was right.
As we tried and we received negative tests I was sometimes bummed, but relief quickly followed. When I received the last negative test, I took it a lot harder and was pretty down. I started wondering if we could have kids and what God had in store for us. I wrote an email to my sister-in-law Melissa telling her that I was down about it and that it was harder this time. She told me that she had been praying for me to be at a good place with it all and that I would feel a peace about it. Also for me to be ready and have faith. She said from that email she could tell that I was ready and that from now on she would pray for me to get pregnant. That next time I tested I was pregnant.
To top it all off I had said many prayers throughout the months we tried. I had prayed for me to be ready and for my faith to be greater than my fears. I prayed for the health of our baby if that time came. I also prayed that God would give me a peace if I couldn't have kids. After that last test, where I tested negative, I remember driving and crying a few weeks later. I remember praying and saying, "God, I pray that I am pregnant this time. I pray that you have blessed us with a child. I am scared, but that's okay. A child would be a true gift from you and I pray that I have the opportunity to be a part of another's life in this miraculous way." It was the first time that I had asked God to be pregnant. It was the first time that I had come to some sort of acceptance and joy. God had shifted my perspective. I would soon find out in a few weeks that I was pregnant.
It's truly amazing how God works in our lives. I wanted to go back and write down some of those things before I forgot!
On another note, this weekend was good. Friday night we went to the Taste of Dallas with some friends. It was super hot, even going later in the evening. I made it for a few hours, if that, and Adam and I headed out. I'm finding that it's way different being in that heat and being pregnant!
Saturday morning Andrea and I went to the Dallas Bridal show with Hannah. It brought back all kinds of memories. Three years ago Andrea and I were there looking for things for our weddings. Now I was there again, but pregnant! We had a good time. Afterward, I came home and crashed on the couch. Adam was back from his football game and we watched whatever movies came on. We had a nice snuggie day :) Adam grilled chicken which was so good for dinner! I haven't been able to cook too much because it really nauseates me, but the last few days have been better. Last week I was pretty out of it. I was constantly nauseated, light-headed, and my stomach hurt pretty often. It could be worse though! I could be at school right now! At least I hope I'm getting through the worst of it now :) Hannah came by later that night and we just hung out and talked. Sunday morning we went to church and then to Taco Bell with my parents. Afterward we went to Jana's. They were cooking out for Andrea's birthday since they won't be here during her actual birthday. After that we went to my parent's house because my Mom had asked us to come over for dinner. Monday night I went to Jana's and hung out with Andrea while Adam played volleyball. Yesterday I started working on all kinds of things for school for about 6 hours. It's hard to believe that it's already that time! I really want to get a head start and have everything pretty planned out. I want to take advantage of the days that I feel good and get some stuff done. I ran to Wal-Mart and got a few things for school along with a few groceries. I made barbecue chicken in the slow cooker and we put it over baked potatoes. We had spinach as a side. It just sounded really good and since most things don't right now I had to make it! I need to get going on some school stuff so more later! :) Have a great day!
Probably the second week in June we went out on the boat and my friend Hannah, Hambone's fiance, went with us. We talked about being pregnant and how crazy that will be. Then, as we rode in the backseat of the truck, she said, "You're pregnant". I said, "What?" and she said, "I just know. I really think you are pregnant right now." Adam said, "What are y'all talking about?" and Hannah said, "Nothing, just girl talk." Crazy thing, didn't know it at the time, but she was right.
As we tried and we received negative tests I was sometimes bummed, but relief quickly followed. When I received the last negative test, I took it a lot harder and was pretty down. I started wondering if we could have kids and what God had in store for us. I wrote an email to my sister-in-law Melissa telling her that I was down about it and that it was harder this time. She told me that she had been praying for me to be at a good place with it all and that I would feel a peace about it. Also for me to be ready and have faith. She said from that email she could tell that I was ready and that from now on she would pray for me to get pregnant. That next time I tested I was pregnant.
To top it all off I had said many prayers throughout the months we tried. I had prayed for me to be ready and for my faith to be greater than my fears. I prayed for the health of our baby if that time came. I also prayed that God would give me a peace if I couldn't have kids. After that last test, where I tested negative, I remember driving and crying a few weeks later. I remember praying and saying, "God, I pray that I am pregnant this time. I pray that you have blessed us with a child. I am scared, but that's okay. A child would be a true gift from you and I pray that I have the opportunity to be a part of another's life in this miraculous way." It was the first time that I had asked God to be pregnant. It was the first time that I had come to some sort of acceptance and joy. God had shifted my perspective. I would soon find out in a few weeks that I was pregnant.
It's truly amazing how God works in our lives. I wanted to go back and write down some of those things before I forgot!
On another note, this weekend was good. Friday night we went to the Taste of Dallas with some friends. It was super hot, even going later in the evening. I made it for a few hours, if that, and Adam and I headed out. I'm finding that it's way different being in that heat and being pregnant!
Saturday morning Andrea and I went to the Dallas Bridal show with Hannah. It brought back all kinds of memories. Three years ago Andrea and I were there looking for things for our weddings. Now I was there again, but pregnant! We had a good time. Afterward, I came home and crashed on the couch. Adam was back from his football game and we watched whatever movies came on. We had a nice snuggie day :) Adam grilled chicken which was so good for dinner! I haven't been able to cook too much because it really nauseates me, but the last few days have been better. Last week I was pretty out of it. I was constantly nauseated, light-headed, and my stomach hurt pretty often. It could be worse though! I could be at school right now! At least I hope I'm getting through the worst of it now :) Hannah came by later that night and we just hung out and talked. Sunday morning we went to church and then to Taco Bell with my parents. Afterward we went to Jana's. They were cooking out for Andrea's birthday since they won't be here during her actual birthday. After that we went to my parent's house because my Mom had asked us to come over for dinner. Monday night I went to Jana's and hung out with Andrea while Adam played volleyball. Yesterday I started working on all kinds of things for school for about 6 hours. It's hard to believe that it's already that time! I really want to get a head start and have everything pretty planned out. I want to take advantage of the days that I feel good and get some stuff done. I ran to Wal-Mart and got a few things for school along with a few groceries. I made barbecue chicken in the slow cooker and we put it over baked potatoes. We had spinach as a side. It just sounded really good and since most things don't right now I had to make it! I need to get going on some school stuff so more later! :) Have a great day!
I feel the exact same way. I can't understand how those that go through this process don't increase their love and faith in God. Even though I have never gone through this before I have always been in awe of the fact that a life can start and grow within another. It's truly a miracle.
ReplyDelete