Yesterday I had my confirmation appointment that I completely dreaded because of the blood work. Funny thing, after all that stress, it didn't happen. I will have blood drawn next time I go in and she said it will take about 60 seconds which is nothing compared to my bad experiences I've had with blood being drawn. I met with the nurse practitioner at the office, who is awesome, and we went through different testing that can be done to check if our baby will have down syndrome, muscular dystrophy, amongst other things. She gave me a lot of information to discuss with Adam. It is something we will pray about, but our baby is going to be exactly what God wants it to be so we will more than likely opt out on the majority of that type of testing. Plus, it is not always 100% accurate anyway. She did some other "fun" exams where I found out that everything seems to be great and we are probably 6 weeks along. It was funny because I had to do another urine test, but I knew they hadn't tested my sample yet. She gave me all of this information about the different testing and was talking to me about what to do and not do during pregnancy and finally I was like, "So, I'm sure I am, but am I pregnant?" and she laughed and said, "Oh yes, you are definitely pregnant." This appointment was the "confirmation appointment" and I hadn't heard the words. It became extremely real in that moment. My Mom went with me and we had a good time. She helped calm me down a lot because I have moments of panic and realization with everything. I still cannot wrap my mind around it. I have my first sono in a few weeks where we will hear the heartbeat. Isn't that amazing that something so small, only the size of a kidney bean at 8 weeks, can have a heartbeat? Human life is truly a God given miracle.

My Mom gave us our first baby gift yesterday after my confirmation appointment. Look closely at the tag. She's just a little crazy :)
This is the only picture I took at Zanata. Weird for me to only take one!
This last weekend we had our 4th of July get together with family. Anita brought over some fun baby things from her office and some helpful information.
My Mom gave us our first baby gift yesterday after my confirmation appointment. Look closely at the tag. She's just a little crazy :)
Anita further encouraged my Mom's craziness by giving her a book to read to her future grandchild...lol.
This is a really great book actually. I read it to my kids each year and we watch the video on United Streaming. Very informative! Last night we ate at Zanata with some family and friends (that are practically family too). It was a last minute thing, but we had a great time. It's a wonderful restaurant with nice atmosphere.
Today I'm feeling a little more nauseous than usual which hasn't been too much fun, but it's okay for now :) I plan on meeting with Caleb and Andrea in a little bit so I will write more another day. Please keep us in your prayers. That we stay physically healthy and that I stay mentally sane! lol No, really...
Amber, your sanity issues are clearly hereditary....LOL!
ReplyDeleteI will stick by you allllllllll the way :D
Mom/Omie...or should I spell it Omi?
Amber,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! I can't wait to watch you grow this year! You are sure to be a beautiful pregnant chick. You do get used to the anxiety!
Schauna
Thank you :) I'm already becoming accustomed to the anxiety! Each day some of my fear leaves and excitement takes its place. Its been hard to get too excited lately because I haven't been feeling too hot, but I'm praising the Lord for this life he is allowing me to be part of :)
ReplyDelete