A few weeks ago Grammy and Paca came to visit us here in Tennessee! We had a wonderful time and there were definite tears shed when they left.
Friday night I took Reese to the farmer's market and grocery shopping before they arrived. Reese was so unbelievably excited to see them when we got back to the apartment and they were there. Adam made an amazing dinner complete with steak, chicken, crabmeat, spinach, and couscous. Delicious!
The next day we toured the area where we bought a lot and hopefully will start building soon.
view from lot
Anita and I drove in one car and the guys and the girls went in the other. In the middle of things our back window wouldn't roll back up so we had to stop at Wal-Mart to get duct tape. Yes. We duct taped our window to the car to keep it from going down. We weren't going to get slowed down!
Afterward, we decided to make a trip to Center Hill Lake where we had lunch at Hurricane Marina. It was a slightly hot outside, but we toughed it out and enjoyed the beautiful scenery!
When we got back to the apartment we took the girls to the pool and relaxed. We had a wonderful time.
The next day Adam and I went out on a lunch date. We visited the Parthenon in Nashville and then ate in The Gulch.
When we got back we all headed out to Coldstone Creamery where we celebrated National Ice Cream Day! Yum!
Anita and I headed out from there and got pedicures! So nice and relaxing!
We met up with the guys and girls afterward at the bigger pool, which Reese loves because it has a water slide. Hopefully I'll post a video later of her experiences on the slide.
Monday Gary wanted to spend some time with the girls and Anita and I had some errands to run. We shopped around at Home Goods and TJ Maxx which is always fun. Then, we headed to Hob Lob to get frames and decor for Adam's office. It needed help. Seriously. We had lunch at Fazoli's and then headed back to our apartment. We ordered Mexican food that night which was super good. Anita and I watched The Bachelorette while Gary and Adam played cards. However, the guys couldn't fight their interest in The Bachelorette and kept commenting about it or asking questions :) Ha.
They had planned on leaving Tuesday, but when we woke up the next morning they had decided to stay one more day. Yeah! Reese chose to watch this...
Reese's reasoning on this shoe selection:
Adam: "Reese, those shoes don't match, can you change them?"
Reese: "No daddy, they're similar so it's ok:)"
Reese: "No daddy, they're similar so it's ok:)"
I ran a few errands that morning and Gary blew bubbles with Reese which she LOVED. Such sweet time.
Walking with Grammy
Anita and I pulled out my new pressure canner and started in on canning green beans. I had done some canning using the water bath method, but the pressure canner was a new thing for both of us! We are pretty much professionals now.
Thanks Gary for feeding the little monster while we canned!
That night we decided to make a trip to Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant in Nashville. After parking we found out there was a long wait so we walked down to the Cumberland River, across from the LP field, where the Titans play.
After a long trek up the hills of downtown Nashville we made it back to the restaurant.
LOVE all of the hanging baskets
Our trek up the hill. Gary carrying a purse. :)
"Adams and Reese"
Sweet Grammy.
Photo Op
Such a poser.
We sat outside, which was really great with the nice breeze.
Even though our time was up for parking we hustled down to the main strip on Broadway and took Reese to the Savannah's Candy Kitchen that she loves.
We liked these boots
Savannah's Candy Kitchen...
on a side note...
We saw a horse that was doing carriage rides right before walking in. Berkley looked up, saw it, and lost her mind. She screamed liked she was scared to death, immediate tears and all. I wish I could've gotten that on camera...lol.
Food makes Berkley so happy.
The next morning they left, which brought us to tears, but I am so thankful for this sweet time together. Moving has been hard and all I kept thinking was, "Please just take us home with you!" However, before Adam went to work I said, "You know, this was such a sweet time, full of really special memories, that we would not have had if we were still in Dallas." It is different, but it is also really beautiful in a new, unique way.















































That's so awesome Amber! Your new lot looks so beautiful! What an amazing experience to have with your family! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much :) It has had its ups and downs, but it has been a really fun experience!
Delete