I have made it to 37 weeks which is further than they originally thought! Due to a ton of family help I have been able to be on bed rest while they watch and take care of Reese. My doctors have said that the fact I'm still pregnant is a testament to good bed rest! After my appointment last week, we discussed the placenta abruption I had with Reese. We have had sonograms every week to monitor things and so far so good. I asked if going in earlier than 39 weeks (being that I make it that far) could possibly help prevent the abruption from happening again. She referred me to a specialist and he did an ultrasound to discuss different options. They gave me the option of amniocentesis and if Berkley's lungs were developed enough we could do the c-section the next day. However, he said everything looks great and he would recommend going in at 38 weeks (without amniocentesis) to do the c-section instead of 39. He said if I have any signs at all of the abruption that I need to do an immediate c-section. We have decided to go with that plan, instead of doing the amniocentesis. On another note, I have had terrible round ligament pain this pregnancy. The pain has put us in the hospital and is one of the things that initially encouraged the bed rest among other things. I can honestly say it has been worse than labor for me, BUT after a day or so I feel relief for an extended period of time which is a huge answer to prayer! Growing up, whether I had a cold, a bad dream, or just wasn't feeling 100% my Dad would always say, "Just lay on your side". Funny as it is, that is the only thing (along with a lot of Tylenol) that has given me relief from the pain. Oh, and hot tea and a heating pad has helped too..another "cure all" growing up.
So, after today's appointment we learned that I am dilated to a 5 now and around 75% effaced. Before figuring this out we discussed a few days next week, but then decided on FRIDAY of THIS week! I said, "Oh wow, this just became real." My doctor wants to make sure that she is there since she isn't on call this weekend and me making it through the weekend isn't looking too hopeful at this point. So, Reese was born on February 13th, the day before Valentine's Day. So, our big V-Day celebration this year was buying a Dyson vacuum. Our weekend was more about Reese's birthday. NOW, Berkley will be born on June 15th...the day before our anniversary which is the 16th. Our girls know how to plan it out just right :)
I cannot imagine how life is about to change for us. We are so excited to meet sweet Berkley and for Reese to meet her too! However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous because I AM. Last experience wasn't the smoothest, so that's what we are trying to prevent by scheduling it this time before I go into labor. I pray that the c-section heals the first time instead of opening again. Needless to say I may not be moving too much for a little while after the surgery! I pray for the Holy Spirit to fill me with his words in those moments when I may get nervous. I do know it is all in his hands and that this is just the continuation of a beautiful ride that he has already started us on. Pray that everything goes smoothly and that this is really just an amazing experience for us all. It won't be long and pictures of little Berkley will be on upcoming posts! :)
:)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck today!