So, with a TON of help from our awesome family and of course Adam I am still pregnant...and on bed rest. The past few weeks have consisted of a lot of laying down, sitting around, and constantly staring at all of the things that need to get done all around me. This has been challenging! I am constantly into something and this is the time period when a Mom wants to get things put together, put away, and organized. Is that happening? Not so much. My Dad, since he is in the process of retiring, has been taking care of me and Reese most mornings and early afternoons. He puts Reese down for her nap and by the time she wakes up (and I wake up) Adam is home from work. Yesterday I thought Adam may be able to go to my appointment with me, but he ended up having a meeting. As my Dad said, "Okay, I'm going to put the car seat in my truck" I suddenly realized that the car seat was in Adam's truck, at his work. I immediately called Adam and he was able to run it home. I was only 5 or so minutes late thankfully, but it was a little stressful for a moment. Apparently it takes next to nothing to take my breath away. Seriously, I'm SO out of shape!
My Dad and Reese sat in the truck for over an hour while I went into the doctor for my appointment. They listened to A LOT of Luke Bryan songs (Reese's favorite..weird I know) and talked about the many different things in the world of Tangled (her other favorite). She has been so funny lately. Adam and I are constantly laughing at her expressions. She makes the funniest faces and says totally off the wall things. When she stayed at Grammy's a few nights ago she kept saying that one of the bubble bath bottles was "Mommy". It is really a bottle that looks like Cinderella. Reese now calls it "Little Mama". She also loves to brush my hair and sings "Flower and Grow..Flower and Grow..What was once mine.." which is part of the words from the song in Tangled when they brush her hair. Reese understands different emotions so well and has for a while. If I lean back and close my eyes for a second she says, "Mommy, you tired?" or when she has seen me cry she will run over to me, crawl up on my lap, and look super concerned. She will say, "Mommy, why are you crying?" If she sees someone on TV upset she'll say, "They're crying!" or if they are tired, "Are they sleepy?" She's been calling spiders "stigers" and mosquitoes "squidoes". She spent her first night in her new "big girl" bed last week and has LOVED it. She always calls it her "new bed". I don't have the room decorated the way I want, since I have only been upstairs twice in the past 3 or so weeks, but it will all come together. I went upstairs to take pictures of Reese in her bed for the first night. I wasn't going to miss it.
We always know if Reese is sleepy because she pulls her shirt up to her face.
She loves to pray.
So, my appointment went well. I am now 50% (or a little more) effaced and dilated to a 3 or 4, which is more than last time. She said that she sees me lasting another week, but she could be wrong. Apparently there have been women coming in with their water breaking possibly due to barometric pressure changes with our crazy weather. I was starting to feel like last night was the night at one point. I was having some longer contractions and back cramps, but they eventually went away and weren't super consistent. After the sonogram a few days ago they said she is measuring at 6 1/2 pounds right now. That was Reese's birth weight at 37 weeks! So, it could literally be any time and we're just excitedly (and somewhat nervously) awaiting the arrival of our sweet girl.
31 weeks
34 weeks (in a suit top that no longer fits!) Still, it was a nice relaxing day by the pool.
God has really been showing me to take ONE moment at a time and not think too far ahead. Life is so temporary and he has been calling me to live IN every moment and take it all in, good and bad. I'm not always great at practicing this, but I'm getting better. I feel that this is the place God is calling me to now. I grew so much closer to Him through my pregnancy with Reese and I feel like he is trying to take me to another level through this pregnancy with Berkley. A verse that I'm the process of memorizing and meditating on right now is Isaiah 40:29 where it says, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." If we ask for strength and RELY solely on him he will bless us. He will give us strength to get through wherever we are and whatever we are going through.
This last Friday we put together a retirement party for my Dad at Saltgrass. It was the first thing I've really done during this period of bed rest and I pretty much sat the entire time! I really wanted to be there for my Dad though and it was such a special time. After 30 years of HARD work of coaching and teaching he decided to retire. Family, friends, and coaches attended and it was a great time. I'm so proud of my Dad.
"Way to Go Mikey" German Chocolate Cake
Surprise!
Cutting the cake!
My Mom took more pictures so I may upload those later!
So, yesterday morning, around 5 a.m. I read something on Facebook that made me cry, which probably doesn't take much these days, but still! One of my parents during my first year of teaching posted a picture of an entry that my former student wrote in her sixth grade book. I had her four years ago as a second grader. It's amazing the impact you have on people when you don't even realize it. This is what she wrote...meant the world to me.
A few weeks ago our growth group at church planned a baby shower for us, but with me being on bed rest they brought the party to us instead. We feel SO blessed to have them in our life. Since it was the same weekend as Adam's birthday we combined the two and did a mini, low-key celebration for his birthday too :)
Sorry Grammy! It's the only picture I had!
Adam's "Berkley" hat
Girl's Night before bed rest :)
Birthday party!
Pappadeaux for Mom's Mother's Day celebration
Checkers with Fufi on Mother's Day
Adam gave me a pedicure, homemade dinner, Starbucks Mocha Coconut Frapp, breakfast on Sunday, and a James Avery charm. He also took pictures of me and Reese for Mother's Day. He did a WONDERFUL job. Pictures to come later, but I think I've done MORE than enough for this one entry :) I take a lot of pictures!


No comments:
Post a Comment