Tuesday, May 15, 2012

32/33 weeks-Things are getting interesting!

So, I was supposed to have a sonogram and appointment this morning, actually right now.  However, I'm laying in bed, Reese is at her Paca and Grammy's, and I'm basically on bed rest.  I started having some pain last Friday night, but I disregarded it because it passed.  I had an even rougher night of sleeping Friday night and my Dad brought their recliner over for me to sleep in which helped some.  Monday morning I felt great.  I set Reese up in Berkley's room with a snack and Tangled as I attempted to clean out Berkley's soon to be closet.  I got through folding two sheets and the pain started again.  However, this time it was much more intense.  I literally could not stand and had to hobble and scoot through the upstairs area to the stairs.  I hated being upstairs with Reese and everything I needed being downstairs.  We scooted down the stairs together and made it down the stairs.  This pain continued on and off and I eventually called my doctor who wanted to do a sonogram.  

Berkley looked great!  She is actually measuring 2 weeks ahead at 5 1/2 pounds.  When he checked my cervix he saw that it had thinned, which my doctor followed by telling me isn't crazy unusual with your second pregnancy.  I had an appointment with my doctor after the sonogram because she wanted to see me that day instead of this morning.  After checking things out she seemed surprised to find that I am already dilated to a 2.  I was dilated to a 2/3 with Reese for a few weeks before going into labor.  I know that's unusual for some people, but apparently that's how it works for me :)

She said she wanted me to go to Labor & Delivery at the hospital to be monitored for my contractions.  She also wanted me to have steroid shots just incase Berkley was born early.  This will help her lungs develop as a precaution.  They monitored my contractions there and sent off my preterm labor test as well.  I had contractions every 4-6 minutes lasting 40 to 60 seconds, but they were come and go.  My preterm labor test came back negative so that was great!  They gave me a steroid shot and then another shot (forgot the name) that would stop the contractions.  After my whole Ambien experience with Reese I always ask what the side effects are after they administer anything.  She said it would make me jittery and it did for sure!  However, the contractions did stop and after they monitored that for a while I was able to leave.  They will check things out tonight when I go and we'll go from there.  I am basically on bed rest now and I THANK the LORD that we have so many wonderful family and friends that are so willing to help and live close by.  SUCH a blessing.  Adam and I drove through Bueno afterward, he washed my hair (sweet guy), and blow dryed it.  Such sweet times come out of the crazy moments!

I went into a semi-inner panic when we saw that my cervix had thinned, but after saying the Word out loud and in my head over and over God sent such a peace over me.  I was just reading in James yesterday how God's wisdom that we ask for is "divine".  It goes against our natural tendencies.  It's not natural to have peace in scary, trying times, but the kind of wisdom and peace God gives is not of this world.  Nothing compares and I am so thankful for that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, good luck, and sorry about the bed rest!
    You have such a positive outlook on things, which will certainly serve you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I don't always feel that way, but I try!

    ReplyDelete