Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Birthdays, Mother's Day, and the Lake!

Whew!  We have had a month of crazy storms in the south.  Today I cleared out the closet under my stairs so we would have more space to take cover if needed.  I also put together a mini "survival" kit.  We did end up taking cover there last night and we put the dogs in the bathroom.  We were in there for a while and it was a blast trying to keep a one year old occupied and happy!  She did really well overall.  She's just getting SUCH a personality of her own.  She knows what she wants and what she doesn't want.  She'll let you know about it too.  She's been hitting, or swatting, at me a lot lately which is really nice...lol.  This has ended in her being placed in "time out" quite a few times.  

Hmm..what other milestones are going on?!  

*She can walk with us while just holding on to one of our fingers.
*If we say "pray" she puts her little hands together.
*If we say "clap" she claps.
*She holds up one finger to let me know how old she is
*She pats her head when I say "Reese, where's your head?" and she does the same for her mouth.
*The child knows the word "no" and she uses it ALL of the time
*She still loves every food within reach.
*The whole attachment thing has definitely happened.  She has the tendency to get super fussy in crowds, when loud noises happen, or if I step out of the room.
*She now has THREE teeth...out of nowhere...I'm sure that's not helping the mood!

I'm sure there are others going on, but that's what I can think of for now!

Last Friday we went to Mi Cocina for Adam's birthday...mmmm!  So good!  Here are a few pictures...













 Reese wanted to feed Leslie Cheerios!







Reese grabbed her Ziploc of Cheerios and dumped them everywhere when we were taking cover from the storms...


She didn't seem to care.




This is how dark it really was in the closet.  Even though it was a little scary with the storms it was also snuggy for our little family :)





Adam got me this little surprise for Mother's Day.  The towels represented going to get a pedicure at the spa, but I opted for a mini-shopping spree instead!



We went to Chuy's for lunch!



Random picture...been getting back into shape...slowly but surely :)



Reese really enjoyed this boat trip!


Boating at night





Reese can be in the middle of screaming, but she can pull her shirt up and all is well!


No comments:

Post a Comment