A few weeks ago Reese was just getting over some super fussiness from teething and honestly I just think from growing. A few weekends ago we went to my friend’s birthday party that was at a pool that also had a kid’s pool/splashpad. Right when we walked up I was thinking, “Oh no, she is going to throw a fit because there are so many people here.” Lately, if anyone jumps in the pool, splashes, or if she feels the least bit overwhelmed she cries. So, when we went in that’s what I was expecting. However, I started to notice that when we talked to different people she was in the best mood. I had brought her suit just incase and decided to give it a try. From the moment we got there until 2 1/2-3 hours later she did wonderful. She played in the kid’s pool and the adult pool. I even put her underwater (for half a second) 4 times! She was just in the BEST mood. It ended up just being the two of us hanging out and I really enjoyed my time with her. I just laid out in the kid pool and she played in the water beside me. I was so proud of her. She’s growing up so much and too fast. Lately, whenever she’s in the pool, she stays in for a minimum of 2 hours. Afterward, we ran to Wal-Mart to get a few things and she did so well even though she had a long day with only one tiny nap. Needless to say, she CRASHED after dinner and slept late the next day. I wanted to write about this day because I had such a fun time with her. We were just hanging out, having a good time :)
----
I wrote the above a few days ago, but I have a new exciting update :) Last Thursday (6/8), during game 5 of the NBA Finals (Mavs won by the way), Reese started walking! My Mom was singing her, "Reese-a-Roni, Macaroni, Rigatoni, Bologna-head" song on Reese's toy microphone and she stood up against Adam and just started walking! We were of course going crazy! Reese would start laughing so hard when she would get going...so much so it would knock her off balance. She was taking a few steps before this, but this was much more on her own. We are so proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment