Friday, February 18, 2011

Party Decor!

I posted this to our new Cross My Heart Designs blog and thought it would be appropriate to carry over to our family blog as well :)

I had so much fun getting everything together for Reese's bumble bee party.  I started the search in December on Etsy and continued my search on various blogs to get ideas.  There are SO many wonderful ideas out there that it even became a little overwhelming.  I had to pick my favs and once I did I got busy ordering and creating!


I saw this personalized Bumble Bee plate on Etsy in Rosie Posie Designs store. The customer service was wonderful and I just love this plate. I used the Wilton Jumbo cupcake pan to create the cake. I took some tips from the Oh, Sugar! blog to make the candy liner. It turned out perfect!  The stand was made from some yellow plates I already had and a clear candle stick holder I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I used E6000 to bond them together.  Worked great.


I created this banner more of an old fashioned way since my Cricut is in storage. I used two different size bowls to make the circles, measured the area in between, and printed the letters on cardstock. I cut them out, glued them on, and laminated each circle individually. I then used ribbon to tie it all together and then voila!









These little puff balls, or poms, were easy and fun to make. I found great instructions here.





The adorable cupcake toppers were ordered from Tom Kat Studio. They provided that nice little extra touch for her cupcakes. They arrived in my inbox a day before they said they would! I really wanted to order canvases with Reese's bumble bee pictures for her party and to later put in her room. However, after researching I found they were a little expensive. I decided to print them at Wal-Mart and buy 8 x 10 and 5 x 7 canvas from Hobby Lobby and Michael's.  I used Elmer's spray adhesive to bond them to the canvas.  I painted the edges black.



I bought a few flats of jars from Wal-Mart and printed labels that said "Thanks for buzzing by" to stick on top. Each jar was layered with Reese's Pieces.



A fun and feathery arrangement to go by her "first year" banner".

I found this idea on etsy and decided to make it myself with scrapbook paper, ribbon, and a little lamination! It was fun to see how she has changed month to month.

1 comment:

  1. what fun decor! I esp love the banner with the 12 months for pics.

    ReplyDelete