So, the reasoning behind the “Coat Hangers” part of my title comes with a fun little story. This week Reese and I made a trip to Kid to Kid (a clothing store). I was holding Reese and walking around the store trying to find some winter clothes for her. I kneeled down to look at some clothes on the bottom row. Reese is sitting on my knee just staring at me. As I’m looking at some clothes I hear this heart stopping, continuous scream. It felt like slow motion. At first I thought, “Is Reese starting to act out? No, this is a different scream...” I saw another lady with kids look over, startled and she said, “Is she okay??” I look down at Reese, who is beet red and teary, and she has the hook of a coat hanger lodged in the side of her mouth. I try to take it out and for some reason it is stuck. I start to pull on it, feeling a little panicky, and then remind myself that this is in her face. I finally get it out, which felt like it took minutes, but it was probably only seconds. The helpful shopper came over and asked if I needed help and she ran to get paper towels. The owner came back with her and I said, “I’m probably shaking more than she is right now”. I felt like a wreck! The owner asked if she could hold Reese while I cleaned her mouth with the wet paper towel. She was bleeding pretty good :( When I got home I saw that the gash inside of her mouth was at least an inch, which is pretty big for her little mouth! So sad! She was smiling just a few minutes after this happened though and it definitely never effected her when eating. I had to give her Tylenol two different times when she went down to sleep, but other than that it all turned out okay! It scared me though and it was sad! I know this incident was probably the first of many to come.
My birthday was this last weekend and we went to Sambuca Friday night which was really nice. Afterward, some of the party came over and we hung out for a little while. I made Pumpkin Whoopie pies for my “cake” which ended up making me sick because I ate so much of the cream cheese icing while making them. Saturday night we went to the Vince Vaughn/Kevin James comedy show. Caleb and Andrea are friends with Vince Vaughn and his wife and they gave them tickets for friends and family in Dallas to see the show. We had a really fun time.



I just realized that I have not done a blog entry since before Halloween so I’ll include some pictures from that weekend in this entry. We went to my Dad’s game (where Reese wore her costume), to our Life Group (Sunday School) Halloween Party, to a Trunk-or-Treat, to my Aunt and Uncle’s, to my grandparents, and then Trick-or-Treating with Brad, Melissa, and the girls. It was a fun and busy weekend :)
















I have been re-vamping things around here lately. I had my last big craft fair for the year two weekends ago so it’s given me time to do some projects around here. I recovered some throw pillows with a Better Homes and Garden fabric that I found and loved. Also, while transporting Adam’s Papa’s armoire to our house it fell out of Adam’s truck. Adam saved a few of the drawers incase I wanted to use them for storage. I’ve had my eyes on those drawers since then and I’ve been looking forward to creating something new. I am including pictures of what I did with them. I also did a new painting that I think I will end up using in a series of paintings (Faith, Trust, Hope, Love, etc.)







No comments:
Post a Comment