She isn’t crawling yet, but she is making the effort each day. She will get up on her knees and then fall to the side. She definitely lacks balance which makes it pretty impossible to crawl, but she’ll get there. She is laughing all of the time now which is so fun. She really enjoys playing peek-a-boo too. I hide behind her crib and pop out beside her and she will laugh a ton! So cute!
So, today something happened that could have turned out a lot worse, but thankfully it all turned out okay. I was in the backyard, as Reese was sleeping, spray painting a canvas. I looked up to see both Denali and Chewy standing in our yard. I calmly tried to call them, but just as I did Chewy took off past me and through the field behind my house. Denali darted after her and they were hauling through the field. I dropped the spray can and ran, bare foot, through the field screaming “Denali! Denali!” Right on the other side of this field is an extremely busy street and intersection. They were heading straight to it extremely fast. They were about 20 yards away from the street when Chewy stopped to sniff something which made Denali stop and do the same. I called Chewy, completely out of breath, and she came to me. I grabbed Denali and my neighbor, who I had not yet met, was standing there with two ropes that had leash-like hooks on the end. He said, “Do you want to use these to take them to your house?” We hooked them up and he was super friendly and helpful. When I brought the leashes back to him I met his wife as well. She said, “I’m kind of glad this happened in a way because we finally got to meet.” He told me that he just happened to be holding those two ropes. Coincidence? I think not. I thank the Lord for stopping them from running right before they got to the street and for allowing my neighbor to be standing there with two ropes. Such a blessing. As I was running I had a million thoughts running through my head. ...What will I tell Adam?...The further I chase them the further I am away from Reese...What if they cause an accident?...and of course...What if they get hit by a car?? It was not a great moment, but God was with us and took care of things.
Things are going really well with my little craft business here. I have been selling things for years on the side, but now that I’m not working I am pursuing it more. It was too hard to pursue it to the extent that I wanted while I was working. It’s been going great though and I’m in a craft show this weekend! We’ll see how it goes :)
We performed at the State Fair last weekend with the Ukrainian dancing group we are a part of. We we were exhausted afterward, but had a great time. We had three shows in one day. Adam and I walked around the fair for a little while afterward which was so nice. It wasn’t very long, but it was so nice to have some alone time with him.
Oh and going back a bit, the wisdom teeth surgery went well. I did end up having to go back 3 times after the surgery due to dry socket pain and some bleeding that ended up being more of a sinus issue, but overall it went well. It wasn’t a shocker that I ended up needing to go back so soon after the surgery. That’s usually how things work with me apparently!
I will leave you with a few recent pictures. Until next time! :)




Yay, you did it! The header looks really cute and pretty easy, huh? Reese is getting so big. Adorable cheeks!
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you for the tips! Very easy! I like to make things harder than they should be :) I haven't wrote you back yet, but the 26th sounds great for the library! It's crazy how big both of the girls are getting. Too fast!
ReplyDeleteMaybe Reese doesn't want to crawl, because falling over and discovering she can just roll anywhere she wants to go, is too much fun!
ReplyDelete