Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just a few updates!

On Easter Sunday Adam’s Fufa (grandmother) passed away. Adam was with her when she passed away. I got to know Fufa a little bit starting when I was in high school, but I wish that I got to know her better than I did. She wasn’t quite herself these last years. I feel that through looking at pictures and hearing more stories within this last week I have gotten to know her better. She was truly an amazingly unique and special woman. How awesome is it that she got to meet our creator on Easter Sunday?? Her life on this Earth was such a blessing for Adam’s family. She brought a lot to his family and she left them with a beautiful heritage rich in tradition.


Two weekends ago my Opa and Oma came in town and stayed at my parents. We had such a great time! Friday night we went over there and spent the night. We ordered pizza and watched Back to the Future 2. It was the first time they have met our little Reese, their great grand daughter. It was a really special time. Saturday morning Opa, Adam, and I went to Adam’s football game, to Whole Foods, to Sonic, and then to Wal-Mart. That evening we all went to Rockfish and afterward we spent the night again. Sunday morning I ran with Reese and came back to the house. We just relaxed, had coffee together, and ended up watching golf during the day. That night we watched Star Trek and Adam went home. I spent the night again. The next morning we had coffee together and just hung out for a little while before they left. I wish they lived closer, but I look forward to seeing them again soon. Maybe next month! After they left I hung out for a while with my Mom and then we met my Dad for lunch before she took me home. It was a really nice weekend and we had beautiful weather!



A few Wednesdays back (April 7) Reese started responding to the people around her so much more. It’s like she finally really noticed we were here! She would look at us and smile and “laugh”. It melts me every time I see her smile, or even when she just makes eye contact with me! I’m so crazy about that little girl. April 13th was a rough day! She had her 2 month check-up where we found out that she is progressing perfect and is doing great. However, she had to get 3 shots and one oral medication. She didn’t like the shots at all and I definitely teared up. The worst part was when we got home and I woke her up to eat. She had such a different, painful cry and it made me so sad. Adam fed her and she cried during her entire feeding. She still eventually put down 6 oz. though! She then crashed out and started feeling much better at her next feeding! They said she could have a fever, but she never got one.


I had a dentist appointment that same day. I was finally able to get x-rays since I am no longer pregnant. I knew I got some cavities during pregnancy and I have three. Hard to believe 2 years ago I had NO cavities at all. Crazy. To top it off, I talked to them about my whole delivery experience and they were concerned about my ability to clot. They put it in my file incase they have to ever take out one of my teeth. After doing a panoramic x-ray we were able to see how much worse my wisdom teeth have gotten. The one impacted tooth, that is completely on its side, has a huge gap underneath. She told me that my bone is eroding and my wisdom teeth definitely need to come out. She is sending me to an oral surgeon that is also a M.D. He is on staff at a local hospital and specializes in everything between wisdom teeth to trauma cases where there is restructuring involved. I may have to go to a specialist to get blood work done for “clot studies”. I’m hesitant about having them taken out because I was told that tooth lies on a nerve that could make my face go numb for an extended period of time and it could also worsen my TMJ, which is already a pain. However, I guess I no longer have a choice! I have to get it done now! I hope to get in for a consultation this week and hopefully have the surgery this summer when I can have someone take me and help me with Reese as well. Say a prayer that I have a peace about it. You would think after all of the pregnancy and delivery issues I would be thinking “no big deal”, but I’m still a little nervous. I’m nowhere near as nervous as I was before though!


I started the Insanity workout program last week, but I officially restarted it yesterday since the program starts on a Monday. It is very similar to P90x, but it is more focused on cardio. I have seriously felt like I may throw up at least once during each session. I have been super sore too. I'll keep you updated on how it goes. It's a two month program.


This last Friday Adam made chicken nachos and we hung out here at the house. Saturday we stayed at the house most of the day and then went to my grandparents 60th anniversary party. It was really nice. We had BBQ and cake. Sunday we went to visit Adam's Papa and then went to an awesome restaurant called Brio that we had been to once before. That evening we worked around the house and relaxed. I have started making jewelry to sell so I worked on that some. Reese is doing awesome and is starting to make all kinds of new sounds. She has become quite the noise maker! She is such a sweetheart and I fall more in love with her every day.


This week I have my consultation with the oral surgeon so we'll see how that goes. I'd really like to get it over and done with! :) Hope everyone is having a great week! Here are some picture updates:




Reese pulled this toward her today in her play pen.
Our visit to see Papa

Reese with her Great Aunt Debbie at Granny and Papa's Anniversary party
Reese with her Great Papa
Me and Mandy at Granny and Papa's
60 Beautiful years together :)
Mom and Me
Uncle Stevie with Reese :)
Reese right before her 2 month shots!
Reese's first night in her room

Four Generations
Reese with her Oma Dott

Reese with Oma and Opa

No comments:

Post a Comment