Saturday, April 24, 2010

Beautiful days


Yesterday was such a beautiful day. It rained in the morning, which was nice, but then it all cleared up and was beautiful. I spent some of the morning working on making jewelry and then I met Leslie for lunch at Pei Wei. We had a great time and afterward Reese and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby...big surprise. I came home, fed her, and then did a quick 20 minute Insanity workout. I didn’t have time to finish the whole thing because my Mom came over and picked us up. We went to Brighton because she wanted to buy me a gift for my first Mother’s Day. There were a few “Mom” things there that she liked. I immediately fell in love with the necklace that she bought me. I know it is something that will be special to me for the rest of my life. My Mom is not only my Mom, but my best friend and we are SO much alike. I realize that more and more each day.




Thursday night we had bible study and we started reading “It’s Not About Me” by Max Lucado. I am really enjoying it so far. It really emphasizes taking the focus off our yourself and putting it back on God. It also stresses the need for getting to know God for the sake of just wanting to know him, versus just coming to him because you want something. He said, “When our deepest desire is not the things of God, or a favor from God, but God himself, we cross a threshold. Less self-focus, more God-focus. Less about me, more about him.” I really liked that. I have come to realize that when I just get into the word or come to God in prayer just solely for the purpose of learning about him I start to gain a continual peace.


This morning I did my Insanity workout, ran to Hob Lob with Reese (surprising again I know), and then back to the house. We had some Bueno and now Adam is about to work out in the flower bed while I work on some jewelry. I will post some pics soon! Not a ton planned this weekend which is nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment