Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Day of Firsts

Well, today marks Reese’s 6th week birthday. Hard to believe! Time is already flying! Reese has been smiling more and more. I can tell it’s becoming more intentional versus the millions of unintentional expressions she makes. I love to just sit down, hold her, and stare at her. Thursday night my Mom stayed with me because Adam was out of town. We went shopping and my Mom got her something to wear on Easter. She will look so cute! Friday night, after Adam got home, we went out to visit Andrea. Today Adam said to Reese, “You will have a new best friend next week.” I didn’t know who he was referring to at first, but he was talking about Tatum. Andrea is being induced next week. How exciting :)


I have been able to walk or ride my stationary bike for a little while now. Nothing crazy, but have been allowed to. Not that I have touched my bike, but I have done some walking. Well, today marks the day that I can start doing a little more. I can officially start doing crunches and pretty much whatever I want. She said to just take it easy. That won’t be a problem since I still hurt. She said there is no way that it will open back up again which is all I have really been concerned about! So, today I may start with 5 crunches, tomorrow 10, and work my way up...slowly but surely. It’s amazing how I can’t feel one muscle in my stomach right now. It’s like they all disappeared! Really strange! It will be a long road I’m afraid!


As an update for our last entry we had a lot of fun on our little date. Brad and Melissa watched Reese while Adam and I went to Chili’s and Starbucks. We laughed a lot and it was nice to have a moment together. It was snowing really hard too! This weather has been crazy! Reese was born on the snowiest year. We just talked and laughed at Starbucks. Then, not quite ready to go back, we drove around the connecting parking lot looking at the new restaurants and places they had put in. We laughed really hard about pretty much nothing, but had a blast.


Today we are going to celebrate a few family birthdays that we haven’t had a chance to celebrate and visit Adam’s Papa. Tonight we have plans to go out to eat with Jill and Cam. My parents offered to take care of Reese so they will come over and watch her for a few hours. Reese is doing so great! We changed her schedule again and she is now eating more (usually 5.5 oz., but 6.5 oz. at last nights feeding...wow!) and sleeping more. We still do every four hours for feedings during the day, but at night we feed her at 1 a.m. and then again at 7 a.m. She sleeps straight through. She is such a blessing. I held her last night and prayed that she would be a woman with a strong heart and belief in God. I prayed that she would have a genuine love for Him that will be a true witness to others. I prayed that she would follow Him even when it wasn’t always the “cool” thing to do. These are all things that I have prayed about before being pregnant, during pregnancy, and now. These are things that I will fervently pray for throughout the rest of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment