Monday, September 28, 2009

It's a....

Okay, so we still don't know yet! We went in for the sono today thinking that we would have a definite answer, but our little person was too shy! He/She wouldn't turn over. When we went in last time we were told that it was pretty much a boy for sure because we saw three different parts. However, today, from our very limited view, we saw nothing. He said not to rule out a boy or a girl. So, here we are...waiting :) It's a weird feeling to have your mind going one direction and then to shift your thinking. The great news is that everything looks very healthy! We could see the kidneys, the brain, the spinal cord, the four chambers of the heart, the stomach, and the umbilical cord. Our doctor said that our baby is at a really healthy weight and she's not quite thinking a 10 pounder (thankfully), but at least an 8. She also recommended that I get a flu shot due to the fact that I'm pregnant and I have asthma. I've never had one before (that I can remember) so I'm a little nervous about that. She wanted me to buy some Claritin for now because my breathing has been off from asthma and pure congestion. I have also been getting slotchy so she thinks I'm having allergies. Did you know that Claritin makes a pill that you don't have to swallow? It just dissolves. Perfect for me! Today my Dad, Mom, Sandy, Gary, and Anita were all present at the sonogram. I realized for sure last night the feelings I have had for the past 3 weeks have been kicking. I couldn't tell what they were for sure, but last night confirmed it. I even had Adam come over and put his hand on my stomach and he felt the kick at the exact same time I did. What an amazing and CRAZY feeling. I'm really trying to take all of this experience in. It's already going by so fast and I want to make sure that I really take time to sit back and reflect throughout this whole process. Adam and I went to eat afterward and then to Target to get a few groceries.

We had a garage sale this weekend and made around $190 which was exciting. We saw a comforter set that would be gender neutral, but more fitting for a boy that we bought with that money. Who knows what we are doing now though :) Afterward we went out on the boat and met Gary, Anita, Brad, Melissa, and the girls. That night we went to the Flying Saucer with Steven, Hannah, and Amanda which was fun. Sunday we went to church, ran a few fun errands together, and then came home. We watched some football, cleaned, and I worked on my Longhorn painting. I also worked on a few Christmas gifts. This week is pretty open which is nice. I plan on having dinner with a friend, going to my Dad's game, and going to Canton (yeah!).

Right now I am watching the sun set over the lake from my patio. It's such a beautiful night and the weather is really starting to feel like football weather if you know what I mean. The seasons, especially Fall and Winter, revolve around football games to me. Tonight we will watch the Cowboys and Heroes.

We are soooo blessed. I thank God for the blessings we truly do not deserve. He has answered so many prayers in the last few days and I am so thankful. Hope you all have a great week and I'll keep you posted whenever we find out something new! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to find out!! Glad you guys are doing so well and you are feeling well, Amber!

    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete