Where did the summer go?? I can’t believe tomorrow is already the start of a new school year! We did meet the teacher night where we meet our new kids, their parents, and they bring all of their school supplies on Friday. It was a really great day! It’s always so much fun to meet all of the kids that you will have in the upcoming year. After a lot of preparation and a lot of help from loved ones my room is as ready as can be! 5:45 will come early tomorrow morning that’s for sure! :)
Baby update: So, last Friday, after seeing that I was bleeding I went in for a sonogram, even though I already had one scheduled for Monday. It was a last minute thing so I went in by myself. Since I have never been in the room during a live sonogram I have only seen sonograms after they are printed and it is a still shot of the baby. However, when the sono started I could immediately see our baby moving everywhere! Hands going up and down, legs kicking, and it sliding up and down. My sono-tech said, “Sure is a little happy camper in there.” He said it was a little too early to tell, but that he saw a little something there that looked like a little boy. He said it could definitely still be a girl though. He/She measured at 5.2 cm. on Friday, August 14th. Then, I went again, this time Adam was able to come, on Monday. The heartbeat and everything was still really strong and everything looked good, but our little guy was apparently really sleepy and wouldn’t move around. Adam really wanted to see the movement so our sono-tech started pushing on my stomach saying “Wake up…wake up!” He said that that really doesn’t do anything, but it makes him feel better for trying :) He played the heartbeat, which was still amazing, hoping to wake him up, but still nothing. However, when other people came in immediately there was movement! It’s like the baby knew it had an audience! :) Here is the sonogram from that day. On Friday the baby was 5.2 cm and on Monday it was 5.9 cm. It’s amazing how much more you can see during this sonogram!
![]()
![]()
Sweet Don and Sara bought us this beautiful baby bed! It will eventually convert to a bed with a headboard. It is the
first real addition to our baby room! :)
On a different note, we started school off last Monday (teachers only) with our district convocation. We had the opportunity to hear Mrs. Laura Bush speak at Lakepointe in the morning. It was great! Afterward, we found out that our district theme is “Others Before Self”. Our school received t-shirts that say this belief. Instead of us going to our school to work we were given the opportunity to go out and serve in our community. Our staff was broken into groups and each one would go to a different place in Rockwall to serve. A few places we went to were the Rockwall Housing Authority, a Rockwall nursing home, Helping Hands, the Lakepointe food pantry, Lake Rockwall Estates (I believe that’s the name), we adopted a highway that a group cleaned up, a group cleaned the home that is a part of the Prison Ministry, and a few other places I’m sure I’m forgetting now :) I’m so thankful that our administration at our school allowed us to take part in this. It was an awesome experience! What a great reminder of what we need to be thinking about every day. We can get so caught up in ourselves and forget about all of the other people around us. I pray that this year I can really focus more on being a true servant to God and to those around me.
![]()
![]()
We are spelling “Others” with our hands. Can you tell?! :)Here are a few pictures of my finished classroom…
I am SO excited to see little baby Groshans!! Love all the pics! Your classroom looks AMAZING!! Great job and I know Adam helped out a lot so kudos to you too Adam ;) Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteMandy