My Mom got the sliced Venison as an appetizer. She took her first bite and said, "Oh Amber, you would not want this." Of course, we started laughing as she ate it and she like, "Nope, definitely not." Then the waiter came up and said, "How is everything?" and of course, she went straight into Lynne mode and said, "MMMMMM...it's so wonderful!" I looked up at her and started laughing as she did too. Seriously, we were like a couple of elementary kids. Pretty Woman, but worse! Here is a pic of my Mom as we are laughing about the Venison.
Afterward, we went to the Taste of West Village and walked around. I got some good school clothes that I can grow in :) Needless to say, we had a great time.
This last Monday, I had my first official appointment after my "confirmation appointment". They asked me a ton of questions about my health history, if we would be opting to do all of the testing prior to delivery (down syndrome, muscular dystrophy, etc.), and if I would be getting an epidural (yes!). They did a few other fun tests before they passed me on to get my blood work done. This is something that I dreaded long before even getting pregnant. I have had too many not so fun experiences with giving blood and I was super nervous. However, after praying about it a lot beforehand, when I got in there I wasn't nearly as nervous as I normally would've been. I felt a strong calm through me that definitely was not from me. Before my appointment I looked up scripture on peace, trust, and faith and wrote them all down to take with me. Just reading through those helped a ton. I told the girl about my experiences and I was able to lay down as she drew blood. It was NO big deal. If every other experience in my life (or at least one) would've been this easy I wouldn't have been nervous at all. It was great. Now I understand the people that say that giving blood isn't a big deal. Before I thought they were crazy :) They called today to tell me all of the test results. Everything came up great and normal. We did decide to opt out of the testing to find out if our child has Down Syndrome or anything else. I asked if it tested positive if there was anything we could do to change it and they said no. It is more to prepare the parents. God has formed our child to be exactly what He wants it to be and I'm okay with not knowing. The Holy Spirit is doing a great work in my heart. My anxiety about delivery is slowly fading. I am actually looking forward to the whole process. Don't get me wrong, I realize it will be painful, but God is transforming my thinking and my heart to realize that it is truly a beautiful thing and a moment where I will get to first meet our child. God is so wonderful.
This last weekend Adam and I spent 6 1/2 hours up at school finishing my room. Sweet Adam. I had already been up there three other days working on it. This week I will have a chance to relax and focus more on the curriculum side of things. Today my Mom and I are going to see Julie and Julia and then going out to eat. We will drop by the school so she can see my room. I went with a more beachy theme this year. Hope everyone has a great week! :)
It looks like you have been busy and having fun! God is good! Glad your tests went well and that you are getting excited about little baby G! Will he be a football player or a cheerleader...can't wait to find out!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete