I know it’s been a while since we have put in an entry for our blog and I had another one planned (which will come later), but for now I must share the happenings of my last 24 hours.
Yesterday I had my hair appointment scheduled. I already had to reschedule it because we unexpectedly had to go out of town. So, I packed Reese’s bag with her bottles, diapers, food, etc., changed her, put her in her car seat, put the dogs away, set the alarm, and went out to the car. I soon found out, as Reese and I stood in the rain, that my clicker did not work. Most days I have the truck, but today I had the car so I did not realize that my clicker was not working. I used the key to get in, plugged Reese in her seat, and hopped in. With our car, you put your foot on the brake, and then push the ignition button. There is no way to even use a key to start it. So as I’m doing this it says, “No FOBS detected”, meaning it can’t connect with my connector, which means it can’t start. Who knew that my clicker was the thing that made it all run?! So, I tried a few more things and eventually called Adam and Anita to let them know that it wasn’t going to work out for today. I sat out in the garage, wet from the rain, with Reese and called them and the girl that does my hair. It turned out that another girl had a cancellation and could get me in. I talked to Adam again and he said he would come home and get things going for me. He got here 5 minutes before my appointment and I ran out the door. In the meantime I called the dealership and they told me that there is a slot in my console that I can set my clicker in that will allow me to start the car. Strange, but it worked! So that whole ordeal wasn’t fun, but it worked out.
This morning, I went upstairs to get Reese, and sat down on the couch to feed her. All of a sudden I hear a CLINK-CLUNK-CLUNK and I see one of the dogs (at the time I thought it was Denali) caught up in wires under the table. I said, “Denali!” and then I saw Chewy, panic-stricken, bumping into every chair, trying to get out of the wires. As she escaped the wires I see my external hard drive (which has everything I’ve accumulated over the past 5+ years) crash to the floor and bounce a few times. I contacted the manufacturer through online chat and one of the questions was, “So, how far did the drive drop?” I said, “Probably 2 1/2 feet” and he responding by saying, “Oh, our machines are not meant to take a fall that far. There’s more than likely nothing that can be done.” I contacted the Geek Squad and was told that it probably can’t be repaired and data recovery services range from $250-$1600 and even then they may not be able to retrieve the data that I had saved. I was told to put it in the freezer so I’m trying that! Luckily I did backup my pictures to CDs about a month ago!
After this happened I needed to run a few errands so we left, this time more successfully :) I decided to go to the bank first to open up a small business account. Now, let me begin by saying, if babies and their “business” is too much for you to take I would skip past this section. So, there I am, sitting with a guy and things are running smoothly. Reese is just hanging out in her carrier and I am answering questions to set things up. Well, this guy wasn’t new, but the system he was working with was. He got caught on one item and had to call someone in to help and he also had to call a help line. I sat there, listening to his phone on speakerphone, while it kept saying, “We will be with you shortly” and then the music would drone on. Minutes would pass where I would just be sitting there and he would be hammering away at the keys trying to figure everything out. This went on for at least an hour. I knew I was pushing my luck with Reese when she finally started to whine a little. I gave Reese her sippee cup and she was good again. Reese downed the entire sippee cup and I noticed that her whole chest was soaked from the drink. I sat there a while longer and decided to kill some time. I asked if they had a restroom and he showed me back to the private bathroom for the bank (no public restrooms). This restroom was tiny and had no changing table. I decided go ahead and change her onesie. As I pulled her out of the carrier I felt a squish and as I looked down into the carrier I soon saw why. It was EVERYWHERE! It fell from her shirt onto her ankle and then on me. I just held her up and was dying laughing, not knowing what my next move should be. I knew it wasn’t the cleanest of restrooms, but I had no option. I stood her up in the sink and peeled her onesie off, hoping to get nothing in her hair. I threw wipes in the toilet, which I eventually had to fish out and throw in the trash. It was a mess. After some time I FINALLY made it out of there only to immediately meet the one guy that was helping my guy and then as I walked through the next door my guy was standing there waiting. I was like, “Yeah, they were probably wondering what was going on in there”, but I’m sure they knew really quick when they smelled stinky Reese in her carrier. I could smell us as we walked through the bank! So, then the guy says, “Okay, Amber we’re all done. Go ahead and put in your pin that you want for your debit card”, as he slides out the keypad. I reach out to push the numbers only to see some Reese residue still hanging out on my finger. I reached back real quick and put in the pin, hoping he didn’t see. YUCK.
The night before we realized we were out of formula so during this whole trip I don’t have a bottle for Reese, which I never leave home without. I run to Walgreens to pick up some pictures and to get Reese’s formula. I was so happy that I could get both in one trip and just go home. As I walk down the formula aisle I see Enfamil Premium, Similac Advance, Enfamil Nutramigen, and every other type of formula. However, there is a tag for “Enfamil Gentlease” and NOTHING there. I was like, “Really? Wow” So, we hustle out of there to find a truck parked probably a foot from my door so I have to put Reese in from the other side and then squeeze myself in to the driver’s door.
Things have been going smoother since I’ve been back home, but wow, it just felt like one thing after another. I’m not writing this to complain at all, but instead to remember this entertaining day. I just laughed it off and kept moving on along. Reese was such a trooper too. By the time we got home she was 45 minutes past her feeding.
I definitely can’t say that today was uneventful :) I will be updating soon with the happenings of the past few months since I haven’t posted in such a long time!
Haha!! Anytime I think I'm having a bad day I will read about this day you had!! Too funny....glad you can laugh about it though ;)
ReplyDelete