For those of you who don't know me, being pregnant has always been one of my greatest fears. I've said many times if God handed me a baby and said "here it is" I would be completely ready, but it's the actual pregnancy and labor that freaks me out! Needless to say, it took me a lot to test. I had said that I would test on Sunday, June 28th. Those that I told this to definitely remembered. I started receiving messages asking, "Have you tested?" along with Adam continually asking me to test the Saturday night before along with Sunday morning. After church we went to Johnny Carino's and I wasn't too hungry because I knew what Adam would be asking me to do once we got home. He asked when we got in the car and right when we got home. We layed down for a while and he fell asleep. I called my Mom and received some encouragement from her. Yes, I'm a headcase! She was like, "Amber, don't think about it! Just do it!" So, I did it, with her on the phone! I put the test face down and then flipped it over after a few minutes. I don't play around with tests. I need the digital ones that either have a smiley face or a sad face. This particular pregnancy test gave me words and as I flipped it I saw "Pregnant". I immediately let my Mom go and woke up Adam. He tried to play down his excitement because he could see I was about to throw myself into a panic attack. I decided I needed air and we sat outside on the patio in the 100* heat! I actually reacted a lot better than I thought I would though (believe it or not). The Lord really prepared my heart and I am just going to take one moment at a time. I told my parents first and then the first person that I saw soon after was my sister-in-law Melissa who asked "Did you test?" right when I hugged her hello. She had enough excitement for both of us! :) She was jumping up and down, teary-eyed, and pretty much screaming. We were able to tell some of our family and friends in person and some on the phone, but it was a fun experience getting to tell everyone. I have my first appointment Monday. I will take another pregnancy test there (I've taken two at home) to make 100% sure and they will also do some blood work more than likely. Say a little prayer that I don't black out! I'm awful at giving blood! At least this time I am doing it for more than just me. It will help me understand how my levels are and if everthing is looking okay for the development of our baby. That's definitely motivating :) I have been nauseated and exhausted for the last few weeks, but nothing too major yet. My Mom and I went out all day yesterday and got a book that explained all about pregnancy, a book about what to eat with recipes, and a devotional that has scripture and places to answer questions. I am still on the lookout for a fun scrapbook that I can start now and keep up with all the way through. I have started many blogs, but hopefully I will keep this one going. I'd like to keep it updated all throughout my pregnancy so we'll see how it goes! Bye for now :)
I'm SO excited for you guys!!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteAmber, this is an awsome blog. I really enjoied reading how you found out & reacted to your wonderful blessing!!! Couldn't be happier for you & Adam!!! Thanks for calling me, too!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you both! Hopefully I'll keep it updated! That's the plan anyway! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that Am and Ad are going to have a baby....they will be awesome parents!
ReplyDeleteI am planning on my grandchild to be the President of the United States 30 years from now....that is, if this is in God's plans...LOL!
No high expectations being set here at all! lol
ReplyDelete