On October 25th I found out some pretty big news. Adam was spending his last day in Vegas for business and I was busy trying to finish painting all of our kitchen cabinets before he got home. I'm always trying to start and complete huge projects when Adam goes out of town. On the 24th he called and told me that he had a dream that I was pregnant. He said his dream was very detailed and that it started from the time that I was pregnant until our little boy was 3 or 4. So, on the 25th I ran my errands in the morning and when I got home I decided to throw the questioning aside and take a test. With Reese I was so incredibly nervous to take a test. It took me six days of being late to finally take it. However, with this one, I was hardly nervous at all, just highly curious. I remember thinking it was crazy how differently I felt this time around. I practically needed someone to hold my hand last time as I freaked out and sat outside excitedly panic stricken. This time, I was alone. Well, except for my little 3 foot friend.
I talked to Adam a few times after finding out, but I didn't let on at all. I had other plans. Last time I had determined that I would have fun with it this time around if I was pregnant instead of just freaking out. Reese and I hopped back in the truck, ran to Carters, and got a "Big Sis" shirt. Before Adam got home that evening I set up my camera so I could record his reaction. So, he came in and of course noticed the cabinets right away. I had Reese in her little ladybug Halloween costume. The "Big Sis" shirt was strategically placed under her zip up ladybug jacket. After the initial conversations about the cabinets I said, "Adam, why don't you take off her jacket? She's been miserable in it, but I wanted you to see her while she was still wearing it." He unzipped it and was throwing her up in the air, not paying attention at all to the big letters on her new shirt. I said, "Adam, look at her new shirt." He didn't at first so I said it again. He read it aloud and then looked at me and said, "Really?!" It was a really special moment for us. I was glad that I was able to tell him that way this time around. We always called Reese "lil' spud" before knowing if she was a boy or a girl. We have been calling this one "Sprout". :)
I am now 11 weeks pregnant. I have had a lot more nausea this time. However, they prescribed Zofran for me which has been a LIFESAVER. I am now down to only taking it on average once a day, which is usually the evenings. Earlier in the day I'm usually better, but the evenings not so much. I have my next appointment in a few weeks, but all has been great so far. Our first appointment the heartbeat was in the 130s, then the next time the 150s, and the last time it was in the 180s. I had a few issues early on that landed me in the sonogram room a few times. It was the same issue that I had with Reese early on, but all is good and healed now. I had all of my blood work last appointment so that is out of the way. I was slightly Vitamin D deficient so I'm taking an extra supplement. I was surprised more things weren't off though! I have been eating terrible so far with this pregnancy. Nothing has sounded good, but the most terrible fast food! With Reese I was eating everything right, very on top of things. This time I have to force myself to drive past the fast food line.
Here are a few pictures that we took the other night. I meant to start taking these earlier than 11 weeks, but that didn't happen! :) Oh and these were taken right after taking a shower, so not a whole lot of make-up going on...very au natural.
Reese will be taking part in these pictures this time around.
I can't believe she is already 22 months! In just a few short months she'll be 2!!
We had a visitor.














No comments:
Post a Comment